In November 2000, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, started Fraud Awareness Week. Hundreds of organisations, from around the world, pledge to create awareness about fraud within their companies and their communities. We are part of the pledge!
Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) in Healthcare, contributes to higher monthly contributions. Join us in taking a stand against it.
Here are some examples of medical aid fraud:
- Falsified or altered invoices
- Member and healthcare providers submitting false claims and sharing the money paid by the scheme
- Members using their membership for individuals who are not dependents
- Claiming for original medication at pharmacies but dispensing less expensive generic substitutes
- Claiming for unnecessary services
How can you help?
- Check your claim statements carefully to ensure you have received the services for which your service provider is claiming
- Ensure that your membership card and number are protected at all times
- Don’t accept cash from a service provider in exchange for a medical aid claim
Remember to FIGHT for WHAT’S RIGHT and REPORT FRAUD!