We offer wellness and preventative care benefits on all our plans to help our members lead healthier and happier lives. This includes a free annual screening check, flu vaccine and HIV test and mammograms. These benefits are in addition to your savings and day to day benefits, so you get more value for money.
The wellness screening is made up of carefully selected tests to help you get a clear picture of your health. These tests are the first step in detecting serious chronic conditions such as hypertension, heart disease and diabetes.
We offer a free wellness screening for each member, once a year, on all our plans. This includes:
- A blood pressure test
- A blood glucose test
- A cholesterol test
- A BMI test, and
- A waist to hip ratio measurement
Once you have completed the wellness screening, you can then access the Wellness Extender benefit. The Wellness Extender can be used to pay for extra consultations with a GP, biokineticist, dietician or physiotherapist or a programme to stop smoking.
Where can I do a wellness screening?
You can complete your wellness screening at a corporate wellness day or a Dischem, Clicks or Pick ’n Pay pharmacy. All tests must be done at the same time.
How do I activate the Wellness Extender?
Simply call us on 0860 001 208 once you and all your dependants have completed your wellness screening to access your Wellness Extender. You can then choose the amount allocated to your plan for extra used to pay for extra consultations with a GP, biokineticist, dietician or physiotherapist or a programme to stop smoking.
Please note: All claims for the Wellness Extender are paid at the Bonitas Rate.
Prevention is definitely better than cure – especially when it comes to illness. Our preventative care benefits allow you to detect serious illnesses early so you can take the necessary steps to stay healthy.
We offer the following:
- Flu vaccines
- HIV tests
- Pap smears
- Prostrate screening
- Pneumococcal vaccines
- Bone density screenings
- Stools tests for colon cancer
These benefits are based on the best clinical protocols and guidelines so you know you’re in good hands.
Your Health Portal
YourHealth Portal gives you access to a range of innovative tools and resources to help you make better health choices. This includes access to:
- Wellness programmes (including personalised interactive diet and fitness programmes) with weekly tips and guidelines based on your specific needs. You’ll also be able to track your performance.
- Self-assessment tools to help you assess your lifestyle and health status.
- An A-to-Z database of diseases and conditions that includes explanations of specific conditions including symptoms, risk factors and treatment options.
- First aid and wellness information and tips.
- E-tutorials covering a range of topics including backache, chronic illnesses, depression, stress management, weight loss and work place health. Practical advice, case studies and questionnaires will be emailed to you to enhance your understanding of the topics covered.
- A pregnancy programme with regular electronic newsletters to support and educate expectant parents.
Click here to register. Please make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled to get the full experience.