International Travel Benefit
We’ve got you covered no matter where you are. Our International Travel Benefit covers you and your family for medical emergencies when you travel outside the borders of South Africa. Cover is provided for up to 90 days per trip, up to R5 million per person and R10 million per family.
The benefit is managed by ER24 and is underwritten by Bryte Insurance Company, an authorised financial services provider.
Who is covered?
Bonitas members (excluding members on BonCap) who live in South Africa and have not spent more than six months abroad in the same year, are entitled to this benefit. Please note members must be over three months of age.
What is covered?
We pay claims for emergency medical and related expenses, while on an insured journey, to the provider of the medical expenses.
- Provided for up to 90 days per trip, irrespective of the number of trips made during the year
- Limited to R5 million per person up to a maximum of R10 million per family
- Subject to certain exclusions (such as pre-existing conditions and certain sports activities)
The following is covered:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Medical evacuation and transport
- Out-patient and in-patient treatment
- Optical and dental expenses
- Mandatory vaccine expenses
- Travel assist services
- Emergency telephone charges.
Limits, terms and conditions apply. These are outlined in the policy wording and documents.
How to make sure you’re covered?
Contact 0860 329 329 or 010 205 3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your international travel cover when you are planning to travel out of the country. Please note that the turnaround time for receipt of policy documents is 24 business hours. Read the policy document carefully to ensure that you understand all the terms and conditions.
How to get emergency assistance?
Emergency medical services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call +1 416 642 2910 as soon as possible if you need assistance. Reverse call charges are also accepted.