INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BENEFIT
The International Travel Benefit offers Bonitas members cover for medical emergencies when they travel outside the borders of South Africa. Cover is provided for up to 90 days per trip and is limited to R5 million per person.
The benefit is managed by ER24 and is underwritten by the Bryte Insurance Company, an authorised financial services provider. Limits, terms and conditions apply. These are outlined in the policy wording and documents.
Bonitas members (excluding members on BonCap) who live in South Africa and have not spent more than six months abroad in the same year, are entitled to this benefit. Please note members must be over three months of age.
We pay claims for emergency medical and related expenses while on an insured journey to the provider of the medical expenses.
- Provided for up to 90 days per trip, irrespective of the number of trips made during the year
- Limited to R5 million per person up to a maximum of R10 million per family
- Subject to certain exclusions (such as pre-existing conditions and certain sports activities)
The following is covered:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Medical evacuation and transport
- Out-patient and in-patient treatment
- Optical and dental expenses
- Mandatory vaccine expenses
- Travel assist services
- Emergency telephone charges.
Limits, terms and conditions apply. These are outlined in the policy wording and documents.
Contact 0860 329 329 or 010 205 3100 or email email@example.com to activate your international travel cover when you are planning to travel out of the country. Please note that the turnaround time for receipt of policy documents is 24 business hours. Read the policy document carefully to ensure that you understand all the terms and conditions.
Emergency medical services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call +1 416 642 2910 as soon as possible if you need assistance. Reverse call charges are also accepted.
View member stories
We're one of South Africa's most loved brands. See what our members have to say and learn more about what it means to be with the medical aid that supports its members.View it now