Ensuring you receive your chronic medicine on time is one of our key focus areas. To make things simpler, please follow these steps.
- Make sure you’re registered for the Chronic Medicine Benefit
Benefits for chronic medicine depend on the option you’ve chosen as well as the formulary or list of medicines that are covered on that option. You must get authorisation for your chronic medicine before you can register to have your medicine delivered to you by Pharmacy Direct.
Make sure you have the following information when you apply:
- Membership number
- The beneficiary’s date of birth
- The ICD-10 code for the condition
- The doctor’s practice number
- The name and dosage details of the medicine required
Please note: Any changes to medicine authorisations must be addressed using the contact details above.
- Use Pharmacy Direct to have your chronic medicine delivered to you
- Is a Designated Service Provider, so your benefits will last longer
- Won’t charge you admin or delivery fees
- Works within your benefit limits
- Aims to help you avoid co-payments
- Dispenses medicine automatically once every 28 days
- Delivers medicine directly to your home, work or the nearest Post Office
- Will send you an SMS as soon as your medicine is dispatched – so you know when to
- Make sure your prescription is updated
By law medicine prescriptions are only valid for six months. It is essential that you update your prescription at least 30 days before it expires to continue to receive your medicine. Prescriptions can be loaded directly at www.pharmacydirect.co.za
- Ensure you don’t have any outstanding medicine co-payments
If you have any outstanding co-payments, your medicine will not be dispatched. We urge you to contact Pharmacy Direct to resolve any such issues, amicably, to ensure you continue to receive your chronic medicine. Remember to use your membership number as the reference number when making any co-payments to Pharmacy Direct.
- If you have any questions visit www.pharmacydirect.co.za
The Pharmacy Direct website includes live chat functionality to allow you to resolve queries quickly and efficiently – in real-time. You can also use the BonitasConnect app (download it on GooglePlay or the iStore) or send a Please Call Me to 083 690 8934.